Fri, Dec 13 2013 8:06 pm | Comments
Practice for the 7th Annual Dirksen Derby got motoring today at Mt. Bachelor, Oregon. In classic Derby form there are two curvy courses tucked in the woods with hand-built berms and rollers by Josh Dirksen and volunteers. It’s no high speed GS race, but it’s fun, all about finesse. A good gathering, too. Chris Roach and Shaun Palmer are in the mix, along with a posse of the usual suspects. This year, rather than racking up combined times from both courses to qualify, you get one go at the course of your choice. Both have doubles, pump bumps and a tight middle sections. It’s hard to say which side is faster. Check it out for yourself if you can, late registration is open bright and shirley tomorrow. Scope the schedule below for the rest of the weekends’ events.
- Late Registration – 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the lower level of West Village Lodge
- Practice Runs on the course – 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Dirksen Derby Kick-Off Party and Broken Board Art Auction at the Domino Room in Bend, Oregon – Doors open at 6:00 pm. All Ages.
- Really Late Registration – 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. at the lower level of West Village Lodge
- Mens, Gentlemens, Womens, Derby Elites Snowboard Division Qualifiers
- Mens and Womens Splitboard race – 12:00 p.m. at the top of the course
- “Go Boardin” movie premiere at the Patagonia store in Downtown Bend – 6:00 p.m.
- Groms, Older and Wiser, Sit-Ski races
- Mens, Womens and Gentlemens Finals
- Derby Elites Final – 12:00 p.m. at the top of the course
- Awards – 3:00 p.m. in the West Village Lodge
- Party at Velvet in downtown Bend
For more info visit mtbachelor.com/winter/services_activities/activities/events/dirksen_derby